Ubisoft's Support is full on CRAZY

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Charongreed

OK, so I like Extraction. Got its problems, but I dig it for the most part, and free with Game Pass is a great price for it. But ya boi ain't rolling in cash right now, so I usually buy Game Pass a month at a time and grab it again for a dollar.

Turns out, that fucks up Extraction pretty bad. Specifically, when your Game Pass subscription runs out, it detaches the game from your account, reasonably, works that way with EA's thing too. But when you resub, it doesn't automatically reattach, and you don't have the option to do it manually. So the only option is to go to Ubisoft's support system and have them manually reattach it. Its real dumb, but you can give them the benefit of the doubt that it hasn't been out long and its the first time they've done this. Its a problem of their own making, but not the easiest to solve I guess.

But now the fun begins. Ubisoft wants a dxdiag(reasonable, I guess?) and MSInfo(yo what the fuck?). They even have helppages to walk you through sending them this information, which is good because I have never been asked for my MSInfo fucking ever and had no idea how to export it. So once you've sent them more information than you get from a keylogger, they inform you that they work on business days and they'll get back to ya. Sure, whatever, I'm not gonna be that guy and say you gotta work through the weekend.

But, they got back to me pretty fast with this gem:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To help us look into this further, are you able to provide a screenshot of the receipt showing that you re-subscribed to Game Pass?

What we are looking for can be found here:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/purchases-and-rewards/article/accessing-your-microsoft-proof-of-purchase/000062049

Kind Regards,

Ubi-Poseidon

I gotta admit, the balls of it had me stunned for a bit. They even have a goddamn help page for it. Would have been cool (cool-er? Less shitty, actually?) if they told me they wanted it before I submitted the ticket but here we are. I did the thing, so I guess expect an update.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I recently contacted them to get the 2FA on my account removed since I lost access to whatever phone I had set it up with years ago. After giving them the necessary info, got a reply back a few days later saying they removed it only to attempt to log in and discover it was very much not removed.

They eventually resolved it after I followed up telling them it was still there but it was really odd to be told so confidently they had removed it when they clearly hadn't.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: I now have to verify my email address to prove its really me? Starting to feel like they're just throwing up every roadblock they can think of, and also this email is from someone else than the first one? But at least he claims this is the last step. Also, burning the midnight oil, I figured after 6:00 I was encouraged to go and fuck myself till Monday.

@imhungry sometimes its hard to hit save after you make edits I guess? Bet that second conversation was fun. Hopefully they didn't make you prove it the second time.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Years ago my son bought Rainbow Six Siege on PC and didn't get the in-game credits it was supposed to come with. Took nearly 2 months of similarly frustrating back and forth to get it sorted.

Couldn't understand why we had to provide "proof of purchase" when they could look up the email address in UPlay and see when it was bought. And every single interaction was with a new support person, who started from the beginning each time. All very disconnected and frustrating.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

went into this thread thinking Ubisoft was beavering away on their new game and releasing crazy amounts of support for it. Turns out that they want access to our cherished MSInfo files. I will never part with my MSInfo, You can pry it from my cold dead hands!

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Update, I hope: as of 1:21 this morning, I have access to Extraction again. So to recap: I proved my system can run it and that I have paid the money to access it (both things Ubisoft knows without asking me, since Ubisoft Connect gathers user data and I connected my Xbox account, the explicit purpose of which is to show my Game Pass subscription status), and after going back and forth with support for 5 emails which ended with providing them access to my account, they then took (not counting the weekend) 3 days to hit the button that let me access it again. I even sent another email Monday evening making sure the account validation thing they had me do didn't break and they were waiting for that. Maybe that was it- spite, since I had the gall to ask why I hadn't heard anything in so long.

And, I'm gonna guess that when my sub runs out again next month, I get to repeat this process again. I think that might be all the time I need to get what I need out of Extraction and go back to pretending Ubisoft doesn't exist.