Safari - Carousel overflow causes width of landing page to stretch right

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Safari, the carousel content extends many times beyond the width of the page, allowing for scrolling very far to the right. Here's a screenshot:

No Caption Provided

This appears to be because the carousel, which is composed of <li> elements that are assigned a width of 20% of the container, add up to a value far greater than 100%, and overflow is not contained on their parent element. I was able to resolve this by applying overflow-x: hidden; to the 'grandparent' carousel element (not the <ul> element, but its parent). Here's a screenshot:

No Caption Provided

I'm on Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8) of Safari, on macOS Big Sur. Hope this helps!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Thanks, I'll see if someone can look into this.

@kcin said:

In Safari, the carousel content extends many times beyond the width of the page, allowing for scrolling very far to the right. Here's a screenshot:

No Caption Provided

This appears to be because the carousel, which is composed of <li> elements that are assigned a width of 20% of the container, add up to a value far greater than 100%, and overflow is not contained on their parent element. I was able to resolve this by applying overflow-x: hidden; to the 'grandparent' carousel element (not the <ul> element, but its parent). Here's a screenshot:

No Caption Provided

I'm on Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8) of Safari, on macOS Big Sur. Hope this helps!