personz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By personz

Hello Everyone,

Who need's sleep? Certainly not me.......
Who need's sleep? Certainly not me.......

I am here to announce that I will once again be taking part in the Giant Bomb Community Endurance run this year. This will be my 9th year participating in the event which at first made me feel a little old but that’s okay because as it turns out I actually am old.

Last year with support from people like you I was able to raise $ 1,266.00 for Pencils of Promise, additionally because of that I also donated $ 1,266.00 of my own money to the Center for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto.

This year we are raising money in benefit of Feed the Children. A non profit organization that has been fighting hunger in The United States, Central America, East Africa, and South East Asia since 1979. They also help provide access to clean water, education and livelihood programs.

Now it’s no secret that things have been harder on most people over the last few years so while I do hope we beat last years record I am tempering my expectations. That being said I am still hoping to raise $ 1,000.00 this year and, as a donation incentive I am continuing to match all donation made up to a total of $ 1,000.00 to a separate donation to the Center for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto. Additionally I will be doing 1 push up for every dollar donated (up to a maximum of 1,000 push ups over the weekend).

So you not only get to donate to a good cause but you also get to force me to do the same, and also inflict punishment on my pectoral muscles! So if you ever wanted to live out your fantasy of being Sargent Hartman from Full Metal Jacket then now is your chance!

Maybe I will actually finish one of these this time.
Maybe I will actually finish one of these this time.

This year the theme I am going with is “finishing what we started”. So in the spirit of finishing things myself and my good Friends Mike and …. Mike will be playing through Trine 5 as best as we can. Will we actually be able to finish it in one night this time? Probably not….. I hear that game is like 15 hours long.

Once we are sick of that we plan on playing some random things like the newly released Content Warning, Overcooked 2, Just Act Natural and whatever else we can potentially think of while still conscious.

Once the Mike’s have passed out I will continue on by loading my Resident Evil 2 Remake save from last year and once that is finished I will be moving on to the Resident Evil 3 Remake. Additionally if the Mike’s ever wake up, we will continue our play-through of Either Trine 5 or It Takes Two (of which we started two years ago). Hopefully this year we can finish our plates and not leave anything unfinished.

So to Summarize to those of you that still follow the creed of “too long, did not read”

• Friday April 12th Staring @ 7:00 PM EST and Ending on Saturday April 13th @ 6 AM EST – Trine 5 and other Competitive/Co-op games (also maybe Resident Evil if the Mikes Abandon me).
  • Saturday April 13th Staring @ 6:00 PM EST and Ending on Sunday April 14th @ 6 AM EST – Finishing my plate of Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 3 and It Takes Two if Mike ever wakes up.
  • Sunday April 14th at an undisclosed time I will return to finish any push ups I may owe and to finish whatever random game I can think of at the time. These times may vary but I will try to keep this blog post updated if anything changes.

So hopefully I will see you in roughly one week. As always you can watch me on explosive runs or directly on my twitch channel at https://www.twitch.tv/jatzu84

You can donate to my Stream here: https://tiltify.com/@personz/pzgbcer24

Also if you are interested in learning more about Feed the Children and the Center for Addiction and Mental Health you can do so here:

No Caption Provided

Feed the Children: https://www.feedthechildren.org/about/

CAMH: https://www.camh.ca/en/no-one-left-behind

Manburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Yo, this rules — welcome back! Endless respect for Endurance Runners. Good luck! ✨

I adore the Trine series, wonderfully charming and aesthetically lovely experiences. My comfort games for sure. 5 is something of a 'Greatest Hits' in terms of mechanics and puzzles, so it might feel repetetive if you've played the others. Frozenbyte'd need to switch it up if they're going to continue the series. Though I'm enough of a mark that I'd automatically pick up Trine 6: All Outta Tricks anyway.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Good luck and have fun!