Does anybody still use / know of modern 3D active shutter glasses that are still supported through mods / etc?

Optisynapsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had a pair of active shutter glasses way back when HL2 was around and I still had a CRT monitor - one of the reasons HL2 was easily ported to VR was because they'd hacked in shutter glasses support early on.

The refresh rate was variable on my CRT depending on the resolution, could reach > 60hz no problem. Nowadays, most panels are 60hz, 120hz, or 144hz. Mine, however, is 250hz, and I'd love to try it with some modern active shutter glasses. A google search brings up news of Nvidia branded glasses being discontinued about a decade ago, but nothing recent.

Right now I'm looking at VR headsets. I owned the original Oculus dev kit, and the Oculus with hand tracking peripherals which was released before the Meta Quest.

VR headsets are mighty expensive, especially anything noteworthy, besides the Meta Quest 2, which is around my price point, but isn't that impressive or worthwhile for me. Shutter glasses would be a much cheaper option for faux 3D imo, but I don't know if there's any kinda support or hardware around right now. Advice would be most welcome.